Running isn’t impossible or ‘only for fit people’. We believe you can run, but you just don’t know it yet. Remember, even the best runners started from somewhere.
Whether it’s how beetroot red your face turns, or the fear of a stitch, we’re here to guide you through from walking to running, and beyond!
Let’s face it, if you’ve been mastering 10,000 steps for a while, and really want to lose weight and build muscle tone, it’s time for a new goal.
Benefits of running
- It’s an amazing cardio workout. You’ll increase your heart rate, work up a sweat and feel tired, but pumped.
- It will make you eat healthier food, because running on a tummy full of carbs just hurts, frankly.
- You’ll lose weight, and when you’re up to maintenance mode, you can get away with more treats.
- You will get to experience more scenery, as you can cover more distance than if you were walking.
- Just like walking, you don’t need equipment, and you can do it in your local area, on holiday, or in your lunch break.
- A study by scientists from five US universities found an hour of running adds seven hours to your life, and this is more than any other activity.
The firs Read More